Click on any state or D.C. to find organizations seeking your volunteer help.
The colors indicate laws enacted in 2021 that restrict (red), expand (green) or do both (yellow) to voting access according to the Brennan Center’s Voting Laws Roundup of December 2021. Many more laws are being proposed this year. . Click on the Brennan Center for their May 26, 2022 update.
National Voter Corps connects potential volunteers to non-partisan organizations looking for help with their voter programs. Check out Get Involved Nationally for additional groups in your state. You can increase voter rights and civic participation in many ways, such as:
- help people obtain voter IDs
- help every eligible citizen register to vote
- help get out the vote during elections
- make it easier for voters to gain access to their polling places
- conduct voter education campaigns.
Other ways to promote voter rights:
- Join NVC to get notices about events and time-critical phone bank or voter transportation efforts.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add your organization to our map. .
- Become more educated on issues, legislation and elections at all levels of government at sites such as Ballotpedia .